Another day, another survey at Chambers Magazine – this time, in an arresting moment of self-reflection, we thought we’d look at our own subscribers, with reference to our rankings of law firms. We were interested in any correlation between ranking and subscription - are big firms more likely to subscribe to Chambers Report?
The results revealed a surprisingly strong correlation: the higher ranked the law firm (judged by turnover, PEP, earnings and revenue per partner, revenue per lawyer, total lawyers and total partners), the more likely the firm is to subscribe to Chambers Magazine.
We found that:
- 9 of the UK’s top 10 firms subscribe to Chambers Magazine.
- 93% of the UK’s top 40 firms are subscribers.
- Of the highest ranked 35 law firms in the country, 33 subscribe to Chambers Magazine.
- Four law firms in the UK have a turnover greater than £1bn per year: three of them subscribe to Chambers Magazine.
- Every UK law firm with profits per equity partner (PEP) greater than £1.4m per year is a subscriber.
- Every UK law firm with 550 partners or more is a subscriber.
We think smaller firms would find Chambers Magazine really useful too – and we’re sure the many firms outside the Top 50 who are subscribers would agree – so among a myriad of future projects, we plan to talk to our friends in these firms about their reading habits. We’ll let you know what they say. (And yes, there will inevitably be an accompanying survey for you to delight in.)